When things are hard and specially when you are in a career transition fear, doubt & negativity can take over. These are all around us, unfortunately the media makes a living on them. You must wage an intense, lifelong battle against the constant pull. If you relax, the bugs and the weeds of negativity will move into the garden and take away everything of value. Like in gardening, you cannot take a mild approach to the weeds in your garden. Weeds are not something you handle, weeds are something you eradicate.
Five Ways to control fear, doubt & negativity:
- Think in 90-day increments and live in the moment.
- Remember that the mind often plans based on what it knows. So, for example, if you’ve never started a business, then the mind will naturally hold you back because you’ve never done it before. (Clearly that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t though!)
- Be as positive as you can.
- Consider your thoughts and words carefully.
- Hold onto the belief that anything is possible, because it is. (If you need to write that on a Post-It and put it on your mirror, then do so!)
Remember the bumblebee analogy:
Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so it goes on flying anyway! ~Mary Kay Ash~